Monday, May 30, 2011

something to do while i wait for video to render...

Hey! I just wanted to take this time to let you know that I am deep into editing the Mott-ly documentary. So far, it's been both an immense amount of fun and an exercise in serious problem solving (on many various levels simultaneously). Fortunately, they are problems that I am more than willing (and hopefully able) to solve.
To condense someone's life and all the complexity that that encompasses is often intimidating. But a bit of compromise is good exercise in letting go, at the very least. And so, instead of turning this into some Warholian twelve-hour unabridged version of Mott's life, I'm going to do my best to distill it's essence. What a lofty goal! What can I say? I'm an idealist.
I've had so much help putting this together and I can't thank you all enough, either by granting me an interview, scanning some pictures, or digging up old videos. Or even more simply, by encouraging me. That means a lot. I just want to do the man justice and your encouragement helps me to believe that I can accomplish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment