Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mudhead!!

So, I am editing this documentary basically chronologically, as that is fundamentally how the timeline of it will evolve. And now, I am on the era of Mudhead. That 3-4 year window of unfettered musical creativity that took place in late-80's Kansas City between Mott-ly, Barry Phipps, Lori Tiller, Beth Watson, and Archer Prewitt. And I'm digging it. I loved Mudhead and feel that they were very under-documented and that their horn should be tooted. So, I'm tooting it. Fortunately, I was able to get all of the remaining members of Mudhead to agree to be interviewed. If you wanna see some very grainy beta footage of Mudhead opening for Slint at The Foundry (around '89), see below.
Okay, the render is done...

2 comments:

  1. how come there's sound only in one channel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my beta shot in mono and i haven't done anything to it except dump it.

    ReplyDelete