Tuesday, July 12, 2011

fresh start

I just got the new version of Final Cut Pro and was so impressed that I decided to migrate the Mott Doc to it. as it does not open up files made in previous versions (such as Final Cut Express, as I was previously using) it meant that I had to import the files (video, audio, photos) one at a time. seemingly tedious, but it's giving me the chance to go through what I had done so far and tune it up and go back and fix all of that stuff I told myself I needed to. and this program is INFINITELY easier to edit in than FCE. but, as I had been writing entries more often with the previous version (as I had to wait for it to render every little thing and, hence, had time to do such) I have not shone my face here as of late because of aforementioned efficiency. so, I'm happy. it's a pleasure to edit with FCPX in comparison to FCE, which was a bit of a chore.
David Goodrich mentioned the idea of coordinating the first showing of this documentary with the release of Patrick Sumner's forthcoming book about the KC punk scene in the 80's and a group art show. Possibly involving the Charlotte Street Foundation. We'll see! It's a great idea! Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment