Friday, October 14, 2011

i'm starting to feel like i'm working on the set of The Exorcist, fer chrissakes!!

I've spared anyone who might be listening from the series of complicated complexities that have been plaguing my work on this Mott documentary mainly because it's just too damn hard to explain. But, I have to get off of my chest, figuratively and literally. Per chance, someone will be able to feel my pain and we can commiserate. I'll make it a list as a stab at keeping it concise.
1. I accidentally pull the external hard drive off of a very high shelf that renders it (and the Final Cut Express version of the MottDoc that I was using as a reference as I began migrating everything to Final Cut Pro X) useless.
2. Actually before even realizing that 1 happened I simply updated Final Cut Pro X which left it in a state unable to even recognize any of the work I had done on it up until that point. I had even backed it all up two days previous (and feeling very self-congradulatory about it) but the backups weren't recognized.
3. So now I literally have to start from scratch. I was almost up to 60 minutes and I literally have to build it all over again.
Breath.
4. And now, as I type this, FCPX isn't recognizing a whole group of pictures that I had utilized in the first segment of the film. The person whose photographs they were emailed them to me again. They even don't work.
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment